Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I Had Hope

As I was saying last time, after I prayed that desperate night, there was a definite change somehow in the unseen realm. Not that I can lay my finger on it, but I knew something was different. I interpreted it to be nothing but acceptance and peace on my part.

I went in the house and got busy with choir or private lesson business. Quite suddenly, it occurred to me to offer Sol a raw egg. I broke one into a dish and he lapped it right up. This was his first taste of food in three days. I gave him a second one. As I shed a few tears of happiness, I began to wonder how much protein was in an egg. I went online and found out it was 6 or 7 grams. Then I wanted to know how much protein a dog ought to have each day. Answers varied rather widely, but they all mentioned an amount considerably higher than what his prepared dog food (CD prescription by Hills) had given him. Some sites suggested that a lack of protein over the long run would predispose a dog to things like cancer. I don't know about that, but this dog food had cured him of the regular bladder infections he'd suffered with the first year we had him. Hard to know.

I read voraciously. I'm very sorry now that I neglected to jot down the names of the sites. And I don't remember them. But a few that I found gave me what I'd not had in weeks: HOPE!

Hear more next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment