Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Sol's Diet

Sol began to eat. This was (and is) the diet we put him on:
1/3 cup of oatmeal poured into boiling water and soaked for 20 minutes (or natural brown rice simmered for 45 minutes)
1/2 cup cooked ground turkey (or boiled and rinsed lean ground beef, or 2-3 eggs cooked)
1 heaping spoonful of plain yogurt
1 heaping spoonful of plain pumpkin (out of a can, the kind you'd use to make pie)

As I researched and shopped the natural food stores, I added some herbs and tinctures. I'll tell you what they are in maybe the next installment.

After three days of eating, I thought Sol looked a tad less emaciated. After the fifth day I knew he looked better. He was drinking a little less, eating three to four meals a day, sleeping much more restfully, and getting outside to the yard without help.

I knew he wasn't out of the woods yet, and we still had to play the balancing game of weaning him off the Prednisone. So how did that part go? Stay tuned...

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing recipe. This is something to try this weekend. Its a healthy diet.

    vitamine A

    ReplyDelete